Monday, February 21, 2005

Mel's World

A day in the perfect working world of Mel:

The alarm clock rings. I roll over, not annoyed at all -because in my world- i've had enough sleep and it's 8am. The sun is shining but it's not too hot. I leisurely get ready for work and meet up with my friends for a breakfast at a nearby coffee shop. I take my sweet time-because in my world- i don't have to get to the office till 10am.

I finally get to the office, where my clean, uncluttered desk awaits me. My boss calls me into her room. Hey, she's giving me a raise! I get back to my desk and get some writing done. The clock says its noon and its lunch time. I have sushi for lunch. I get back to the office and, magically, all my paperwork's done and the magazine is finished for the month! In fact, all 13,000 copies have been printed, packed and distributed because - in my world - i have little elves to do my work for me when I'm busy with other things. My boss is happy. I get another raise.

I look at my watch and it's already 3:30pm. I'm happy -because in my world- my day is done and i get to go home, go for a jog, shower, buy a pair of shoes and spend the evening with my honey.

And i live happily ever after.

Disclaimer: I have to clock in by 8am everyday, rush through lunch hour, attend dull meetings, and sit through the damn traffic jam at 5pm. Sigh. On a good day, i get to work outside the office. Don't mind me, i'm just feeling the Monday pinch.

"Waiting on a Sunday afternoon for what I read between the lines...
Your lies. "
- Stone Temple Pilots, Interstate Love Song

No comments: