Friday, February 25, 2005

Yesterday...

...all my troubles seemed so far away.

But 'twas yesterday I also got a nice, white ticket flapping on my windshield. Apparently i have RM253.00 worth of unpaid parking tickets. Ok sure, let me go pluck some notes off the money tree i've got growing in my backyard. Please. Like i don't have enough things to pay for these days. Car and life insurance, Astro, handphone bill, monthly car payment...yada yada yada.

Oh and did i mention my squeaky tyre?

And to top off my misery, i come home to discover that my dad has (brace yourself) unsubscribed the Cartoon Network on our Astro. Noooooooooo!!!!! I mean, cancelling the Chinese channels i can understand (the only time we utilize it is when the Miss Chinese International Pageant is on...Go figure, i have two brothers). I panicked when i flipped to channels 61 and 62 and saw them blank.

Me: But dad, what if Francine and Leilana (my nieces) come over? What are they gonna watch now? *gulp. cold sweat*
Dad: They've got their dvds and videos. They'll be fine.
Me: But....they ALWAYS watch the cartoon network (i conveniently forget to add 'with me' at the end of my sentence)
Dad: What to do la.
Mum: Why? Did YOU want the cartoon network?
Me: *trying to act 25* No la. I was just thinking of the girls.

Yeah right.

Anyway, I spent the evening cooking dinner for my parents, watched the Hallmark channel (Strong Medicine is pretty good) and got some reading done. Yeah my life is a non-stop rave party, ain't it? I wanted to call my girlfriends out but since my mum was home alone, i thought i should spend some time with her.

Maybe today will be more eventful.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right,
I hope you had the time of your life..."
-Green Day, Time of Your Life.

No comments: