Thursday, February 03, 2005

Cat stretch.

Ah Thursday. I can almost smell the weekend. Then again i might be working this weekend so big difference that makes. When nobody's looking in the office, what do you do? I like to do cat stretches. I make sure no one's looking (or better, nobody's around) and i lean back and stretch. Now, this isn't ANY stretch. I slump my body halfway down the chair, my arms go all the way above my head and my toes are pointed straight down. And then my back curls in and my head goes back...Followed by a very satisfied sigh. It's therapeutic i tell you. But the trick is to REALLY stretch, till you can almost hear every muscle celebrating in joy. Blissful.

Yesterday was a long day. I had a four-hour meeting, brainstorming ideas for our upcoming promotional photo shoot and checking out models - not as exciting as you might think. We were short of another Asian guy. The photographer, an Aussie dude, wanted someone whose fun personality would show on the photos, not someone who just looked 'pretty'. I racked my head all day thinking of guys who might fit this bill. Got la...and then i realised the guys i had in mind were in KL and not KK. Darn. Back to square one. Anyway, after the meeting, i had to go and source for a white one piece swimsuit for the shoot. Needless to say, i only explored one shopping mall and i was done for the day. Plus, i still had the magazine to work on...aaarrgh! Work and drudgery aside, the evening fared better. I went for drinks with Mia and Selina at Arriva's (i thought they meant Ariefa, the mamak stall, at first).

Me: Ariefa?
Mia: Ya in Lintas. Nice place, there's beer and stuff, even a pool table
Sel: It's the one in the corner (mind you, the mamak shop is also located at the corner, in Lintas as well so at this point, i'm still lost)
Me: They have beer?
Mia: Ya, quite classy the place.
Me: thinking to self *Ariefa has a pool table?????*

Of course, everything clears up once i drive to Lintas and actually SEE the huge neon sign board that says -you guessed it- Arriva's.

I always thought the place was actually called 'Arrival's' but the L fell off.

Anyway, we had beer - i had a sorta-beer, also known as Shandy- and nuggets. And french fries. Dinner of champions. So we sat around talking: Sel and her quest for a puppy (I still can't get over the fact that she has a pet chick that sleeps in a sock at night), Mia scaring the bejesus out of me with her hotel ghost stories and me telling them i don't wanna hear any more scary stories, thankyouverymuch. And then it starts to rain. Talk about dramatic effect.

Friends are fun. It was just what i needed after a long day at the office. That, and a cat stretch.

"Sunday morning, rain is falling,
Steal some covers, share some skin,
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable,
You twist to fit the mold that I am in."
-Maroon 5, Sunday Morning (which seems like five million light years away)






No comments: