Wednesday, February 23, 2005

It's getting hot in here.

It's too hot. I know i can't stand the cold neither but seriously, it's just getting too hot out there. I spent the first half of the day driving around town, getting stuff done and lunch was spent at a client's open house event at their office. They pitched a tent, had a lion and dragon dance performance, and fed everyone well. Thing is, having lunch outdoors -even under a tent- at 12:30pm in MALAYSIA is never a good idea. And you know what they serve? Beef rendang. Chicken curry. Satay. And sambal. It's really tough trying to look half-decent at a luncheon with three gallons of sweat pouring down your face, a plate of food balancing on your knee and curry dripping down your chin. Speaking of hot weather, i read this in Glamour UK magazine last night. It was something about "Exciting Places to Get It On" and this guy shared how having sex in a sauna is NOT one of those places: "It was so hot. It felt like i was having sex on the sun." I dunno why but i thought that was an interesting comparison, heh heh.

Anyway, back in the office, the first blast of air-conditioning is pure heaven. But after half an hour, it just gets too cold again and i start bundling up in my jacket. It's madness, i tell you.
Weather-bitching aside, my car is making funny noises. I think it's one of the wheels. My sister was commenting on it the other day.

Sis: What's that noise?
Me: What noise?
Sis: *turns down radio volume* That noise (refers to squeaking/creaking noise)
Me: Oh that. I think it's the tyre at the back.
Sis: Aren't you worried? It could get worse. Better do something about it.
Me: Nah, it goes away once in a while.
Sis: It does? How?
Me: *turns up the radio volume* See? No more funny noises.

Yeah, i'm a smart ass and i'll probably regret being one when i have to fork out six million bucks to fix my squeaky tyre.

"I know that there is pain, but won't you hold on for one more day,
Break free, break from the chains."
- Wilson Phillips, Hold On. Here's hoping my car will hold on for just a coupla more days.

No comments: