Monday, February 14, 2005

I feel icky.Oh so icky.

Good to be back, y'all. The week-long break was just what i needed but knowing my luck, I'm back at work, ravaged by the flu. Sniff. Cough. Hack. Yeah, I'm a real pretty picture at work today. Let me update you with my recent activities:

Tuesday, 8th Feb: Chinese New Year eve. Had a nice family dinner at home followed by a second round in Papar (my 'kampung', about forty five minutes drive from KK). Of course, the highlight was ang pow time, heh. Yep, as expected, the usual "Too old for you to be receiving ang pow..." speech was delivered every fifteen minutes but what the hey, as long as i get my moolah, they can say what they want. Cousins proceeded to play 'Twister' and realise 'gee, we might be getting too old for this' but had a blast anyway. My 24 year old cousin, Choms, was the champ. 2:30am: Arrive home and off to bed.

Wed,9th Feb: Visited Wilson today. Gorged on dried pork, nuts, crackers, cookies, oranges...You name it. That night, my friends and i get together to 'hoi toi' - which i learnt means 'gambling time!'. We played Black Jack, accused each other of cheating, ate, drank and laughed. After we drained Adrian of his earnings, muahaha, we decided to play Risk. Ah yes, global domination! It was good fun. Except that by 2am everyone was having a hard time remembering who owns the continents of Asia and Africa.

Thurs, 10th Feb: Second day of Chinese New Year. Visited two more houses with Lester. Collected ang pows - always a good thing!- and endured the worst headache. Little did i know that this was the sign of things to come...

Fri,11th Feb: Body feels out of sorts. Kinda rubbery. My sis thinks it's definitely signs of the flu. I'm in denial. I can't get sick now. I've got a whole weekend to enjoy before monday rolls around! Friday night i'm too drained to hoi toi with the gang, so lester spends the evening with me on the couch, aww. We watch EuroTrip and right when a young,nubile blonde takes her top off and rubs her breasts in the hot tub, my dad walks by. Murphy's law.

Sat, 12th Feb: Ugh, not feeling better. But i promised Lester i'd drop by his place for a while. I take him out for lunch, we head back to his place and while he watches the Discovery channel, i'm on the PS2. We both get tired, take a nap and by 5:30pm,i head home. I hit the sack early, knocked out by flu tablets. Nice.

Sun 13th Feb: I have to work today. Went on a photo shoot with David Kirkland at the Mai Aman Homestay Resort in Papar. Brought out Dutch interns along as models. Everything was fine and dandy...Till i had to eat a grilled sago worm. But i must say, they smell really good once they're cooked. They taste like peanuts actually. But that said, i don't think i'll be adding those critters to my list of favourite food anytime soon. Went home, once again collapsed in bed thanks to my trusty drugs. Felt a wee bit better come evening so i went to watch Constantine in the cinema. It was alright. It's Keanu Reeves so i can't complain much, heh. And Rachel Weisz is delicious, don't you think?

So here we are, Monday. And i still feel like crap. I can't breathe and everything tastes like water. I'm coughing and hacking and grossing my colleagues out. My boss won't touch me with a stick and i don't blame her. I think i'll take half the day off, spare myself (and those around me actually) the misery.

Oh, happy Valentine's day. In my 26 years, I've never celebrated it, usually due to circumstance but i've come to the conclusion that i'm destined to never celebrate it. My only date tonight is with the bed - and not in THAT way, mind you. But it's all good :)

"Sometimes I wanna give up,
I wanna give in, I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you baby
And everything's alright, everything's alright."
- Bad English, When I See You Smile.

No comments: