Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merry Christmas, baby.

As I began to cross out the boxes on my desktop calendar, I came across a date in December I had marked a couple of months ago. I drew a smiley face on that date and for a moment, I couldn't remember the significance of it.

So I backtracked a few weeks, and then a month. And realised I had marked that date as a reminder that I would be three whole months into my pregnancy and would be able to announce it to the rest of my family and friends. I was extra excited because it would be Christmas.

I've been coping well since my second miscarriage, I must say. Mainly because I've thrown myself into work and projects, which won't allow me any time to sit around and go, "boo hoo poor me". But today, flipping through that calendar, it all came flooding back.

It still pains me to think of my babies who never came to be. In my mind, they are perfect, healthy and happy - but not ready to be with us. This Christmas, while I will remember my loss, I will also appreciate my blessings, no matter how fleeting.

Merry Christmas, baby.

9 comments:

LonaDay said...

A big, warm, comforting hug to you Mel. May 2012 bring you twins or triplets. Babies galore!

Unknown said...

Hope next year will be a good year for us as we also hope for good the news! :)

Fridaycat said...

Thanks guys :)

Yo, i would be happy at the prospect of 1 but if twins or triplets come along...I'll tell them it was Auntie Yo's bright idea.

tihtahpah said...

I am sorry for your loss and here's wishing good news in 2012 for u!

jia said...

I should say encouraging words but you know me, snif, group hug. xx

w@nder2nowhere said...

*un abrazo enorme*
Maybe a prayer to baby Jesus this Christmas would yield a baby for you next year ;)
Failing that, start looking for storks... :P

Fridaycat said...

aww thanks guys. Let's see what 2012 brings.

Nova Renata said...

Merry Christmas, Melissy! May 2012 be a year filled with many warm and fuzzies--babies especially :).

Ren said...

Hugs.