Thursday, October 27, 2005

Presenting...Whatever Thursday!

Thursday is here. And here’s where I’ll be this weekend:


A jewel- like tiny island in the Sulu Sea and hour and a half boat ride's north of Sandakan, Lakayan is soon to be declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area. Unpopulated and covered by think tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched tittle bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation in a handful of wooden, roomy and perfectly appointed seafront double-occupancy chalets.

Meals are informally served at the central open building, which boasts at amazingly beautiful open-air wooden terrace, the ideal spot for after dinner relaxation and chatting, all the while admiring the dozens of juvenile blacktip sharks swimming leisurely a few feet beneath. While the ideal destination for those who search for tranquility and relaxation in a virgin natural setting and for families with children, Lankayan Island is also one of the hottest diving destination on the map today: its dive sites - all just a few minutes away - boast unbelievably colorful macro fauna, fascinating wrecks and, in season from March to May, regular sightings of gigantic and harmless whale sharks, the "dream date " of every diver in the world.

Yep, I’m off for my long-awaited beach holiday at Lankayan Island. I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning at 7am with a couple of friends and will be back on Sunday. Got my sunblock and bikini all ready! My only regret is that I don’t scuba dive and Lankayan is considered one of the best diving spots around. Ah well, I’ll just have to focus on sipping my pina coladas and working on my tan… Life is tough.

Today is relatively quiet and slow in the office. It’s been two hours since I clocked in and I still have no sense of urgency to do anything. Thing is, there isn’t much left to do today. My magazine’s gone to print so I can just sit back, cross my fingers and hope nothing shitty happens. So, on that note, I would like to share some brain candy with you. Click here, just for the fun of it: http://www.fun.from.hell.pl/2003-02-18/peeping.swf

And this caught my eye:
School Orders Students to Remove Blogs. How about that? Seriously though, how do you actually monitor bloggers? I can shut one blog down and create another under a totally different persona. I can change my blog add five million times just so no one can 'find' me. Things that make you go hmm...

Got this in my email today: Guide to Beer Troubleshooting by Dave Avran. Some excerpts -

SYMPTOM : Feet cold and wet.
FAULT : Glass being held at incorrect angle.
ACTION : Rotate glass so that open end points toward ceiling.

SYMPTOM : Beer unusually pale and tasteless.
FAULT : Glass empty.
ACTION : Get someone to buy you another beer.

SYMPTOM : Beer is crystal-clear.
FAULT : It's water. Somebody is trying to sober you up.
ACTION : Punch him.

SYMPTOM : Everyone looks up to you and smiles.
FAULT : You are dancing on the table.
ACTION : Fall on somebody cushy-looking

SYMPTOM : Don't remember the words to the song.
FAULT : Beer is just right.
ACTION : Play air guitar.

Heh. Ok i'm gonna do some quizzes now, compliments of
Yo.


"Everytime you go away, you take a piece of me with you..."
- Paul Young, Everytime You Go Away. (you know, i used to think he was saying 'you take a piece of MEAT with you')


No comments: