Friday, September 16, 2005

Sit. Heal….Good Girl.

This just in: I’m sick again. I’m so sick of being sick. It started with a lung infection, which resulted in me spewing green phlegm for three days (sorry, details were necessary). I refused to subject myself to antibiotics again so I left it alone. Two days later, I’m hit with a high fever in the office but I can’t take the afternoon off because I have a photo shoot to attend in the evening. Three layers of clothes and a quick 15 minute nap in the conference room later, my head is pounding and my fever escalating. I pop two paracetamol pills and hope for the best. Luckily for me, my fever dissipates by six pm and I’m off the photo shoot. Oh and did I mention that my stomach is acting up? I’m not sure if it’s fever related but it’s not taking any food well.

Fast forward dinner time, I’m puking my food out and my fever is making an encore appearance. I just want to lie down and hibernate for six months at this point. My brother visits me (I knew medical school would come in handy one day) and lo and behold, antibiotics are the only way to go at this point. Fine. Whatever. Just leave me alone so I can sleep. Everything’s fine till 3am and my fever is back. I drug myself up again and slip into blissful oblivion.

I take Thursday off and spend rest of the day trying to ‘rest’ but fail miserably. Instead, I feel depressed, lethargic, bored and restless. Yep, your regular ball of sunshine. And as a cherry on my shit of a sundae (no pun intended) , I develop something else. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have diarrhea.

I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s stress. Maybe it’s my late nights. Maybe it’s my late nights spent drinking. Maybe it’s my body telling to just stop treating it like crap. I’m supposed to celebrate a friend’s birthday tonight at Blue Note but I’ll have to sit this one out. Yes I’m disappointed because I was looking forward to a good night out with friends but hey, what’s another disappointment at this point?

Other than that, I’m peachy keen.

No comments: