Thursday, September 22, 2005

She blogs.

Hey there. I survived after all. After one week of being very careful with my food and getting the rest I needed…I’m back! In the blogging sense anyway. Let me update you on my oh-so-exciting life:

The Weekend
The weekend was spent relatively relaxing. I needed to get out of the house so I went to play Dawn Of War with some friends. I need practice but it felt good to blow up things. I went to watch Romero’s Land of The Dead with Haw and Charlie. The storyline was alright, the zombies were funny but they had some noteworthy gross-out bits so that made up for

it. Other than that, this movie will not change your life. Next on my Must Watch List is ‘The Exorcism of Emily Rose’. Yes, I’m probably gonna have a sleepless night but that’s never stopped me before, haha. Back to my weekend. Went for a quick drink at Lintas after the movie with Mia and Adrian. Sunday was spent shopping for Charlie’s birthday gift – two pairs of funky boxers and a couple of t-shirts.

Monday
Still recuperating at this point but had to attend a Thank You dinner hosted by the Minister. There was SO MUCH food (and yummy to boot. Damn) but I had to be careful because my tummy was still being a bitch. And there was free flow of beer and wine! Oh the pain of it all…

Tuesday
Had to work late again. Photo shoot for the magazine. Haw and I had to wait around for people to get their act together and I really get annoyed with that. It’s nine pm, I’m still in my work clothes and I just want to sleep at this point. But I still have a smile pasted on my face, trying to be Professional Mel.

Wednesday
Another photo shoot at the museum. We had to model traditional costumes and whoever said models had it easy got it wrong, big time. The costumes were heavy, my make-up was melting and trying to ‘look natural’ for two hours under those circumstances is tough. I had the chance to wear the traditional Murut costume, which is really interesting. I’ll post photos soon. At night, I was summoned to attend a function again and get some interviews done. There was wine again and this time I didn’t hold back. After that, my colleagues and I headed to a nearby pub for beers. Lots and lots and lots of beer. Felt so good to drink again *big, happy, contented smile*. No, I am not an alcoholic. I just enjoy the occasional glass of wine/beer/buzz-inducing beverage. I got home a bit tipsy (er, apologies again to those who received my incoherent phone calls last night, heh) but I slept like a baby.

And there’s today. How fast the week flies. I have a press conference to organize tomorrow so lots of running around today. My magazine is almost done (yay!) and I’m looking forward to relaxing weekend. I might go to a nearby island, just to laze on the beach and work on my tan (haha, tan. What a joke).

Ok peeps. Work beckons so I leave you with a song in my head…
“If you knew that love can break your heart
When you're down so low you cannot fall
Would you change?
Would you change?
How bad how good does it need to get?
How many losses how much regret?”

-Tracy Chapman, Change.

No comments: