Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Eww.

I got this from a link in Yo’s blog:

From the article ‘Why Do Men Have Nipples?’ by John Zawadzinski

During the course of their research, Goldberg and Leyner found reports of gonorrhea, pinworm and roundworm found on toilet seats (eeeeeew!) -- but catching something from it isn't common. (phew. But I still line my seat with toilet paper wherever I go. It’s true).

The authors discovered that an office setting might be worse for your health than toilet seats. Charles Gerba, a microbiologist at the University of Arizona, found the typical office desk harbors some 400 times more disease-causing bacteria than the average toilet seat.

So here I am, disinfecting my desk on a Wednesday afternoon. When I get home, I’m gonna douse myself in Dettol.

No comments: