Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sucker.


I have to buy leech socks. Well, I don’t have to but better safe than sorry. I’m going to Sukau tomorrow (wildlife central of Sabah, located in Sandakan…aiyah, just click here). I’m so worried about the leeches but I’ve been told it won’t be too bad if the weather’s been dry over there. Leeches aside, I’m looking forward to my wildlife excursion, heh. It’ll be a 45-minute flight from KK to Sandakan, and another 2 and a half hours by boat as we cruise along the Kinabatangan river to Sukau. Going to check out the proboscis monkeys, crocodiles and their fellow river-mates. I’ll be going with my colleagues Haw and Wences (who are plotting to feed me to the crocodiles, I just know it). The next day, we’ll be visiting the Gomantong Cave to check out the birds’ nest collection and guano extraordinaire. And the bats. You know what’s worse than the leeches in Sukau?

The cockroaches in Gomantong.

Ok happy thoughts, happy thoughts…. I’ll be seeing some very adorable Orang Utans at Sepilok. No leeches, no roaches. Just happy primates eating fruits and swinging from branch to branch. They have flying vipers though…

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

I took half day off today to go computer shopping with my dad. My home PC is finally resting in peace after dying a sloooooow death. Thing is, I’m not too good with computers. I’m guilty of buying computers because they look good (Gasp. Shock. Horror). But it’s true. 512 Mb RAM, 80Gb Hard Disk space, internal modem, 2.8 Gz processor speed bla bla bla. Yeah ok mister, but do you have huge ass monitor, preferably platinum with classy trimmings and speakers that look like they’re from outer space? This looks nice (apple iMac G5) but i'm not a Mac person.


And I’m so worried I’ll get ripped off. Wish me luck!

“I sang your songs, I danced your dance
I gave your friends all a chance
Putting up with them wasn't worth ever having you
Maybe you've been through this before
But it's my first time so please ignore
These next few lines because they're directed at you
I can't always be waiting, waiting on you.”

- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson. Nice song. Nice video.





No comments: