Saturday, June 25, 2005

Be right back.

It's the last working Saturday for yours truly, yay! I've never had a five-day-week job in all my life so this is gonna be a brand new experience. Since I started working semi-government, i've had first and third Saturdays off so that's still not too bad.

Anyway I have been busy with work. Busy is an understatement. I made the cardinal sin of bringing work home and for the last two nights have been hunched over the keyboard. Sigh. I managed to sneak in a quick after-work drink with Sel, Pu, Joey and Pu's sister, Meriel two days ago so my social life hasn't been at a total standstill.

As if I'm not busy enough, I've just been given a new project and I hope to God I can meet all my deadlines. If i'm so busy, how come i'm here blogging, you ask? Because it's 8:30 in the morning and my engines are just warming up. Plus it's Saturday so give me a break. You know what annoys me? I applied for leave months ago thinking July wouldn't be a busy month and even my boss gave the green light (my boss has resigned by the way so i am manager-less. Not necessarily a good thing because our (four-person) department has to do the manager's workload as well). But now, June and July are turning out to be the busiest months so far! On top of the magazine deadlines/interviews/reviews, I have to produce a leaflet, cough up and edit the write-up for the Sabah Tourism website, organise press conferences for the Dama Orchestra, produce press releases for THREE events over the course of three months and I'm going to Japan (for work) mid July.

Oh yeah, did i mention that?

Out of 31 days in July, I will be in KK for a total of 11 days. Now i feel guilty for taking leave... But why should I? I'm flying to KL tomorrow for a conference. Get this: I'll be in KL till the 29th of June, be back in the office on the 30th and fly off to KL for my holiday on the 1st. I decided to come back on the 30th because that one single day in the office is crucial in terms of reducing my workload and meeting deadlines.

Alrighty. Ranting done. Work beckons. I'll see y'all in about five days.

"Everybody hurts. Sometimes."
-REM, Everybody Hurts, on the radio this morning and still in my head.

No comments: