Monday, April 18, 2005

Tee hee.

My weekend was alright. My fever went away but it was replaced by a case of the sniffles. However, none of it mattered because… Lester is back! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my boyfriend who has been out of town (sporadically) over the last seven weeks is finally back and won’t be leaving town till the first week of May (but only for a couple of days so…yay!).

Today is Monday. The day isn’t too bad. My boss is on medical leave for two days and my other colleague is on emergency leave for a week (a family member passed away). So it’s kinda quiet in here, which isn’t such a bad thing.

I think it’s the medication but I feel a bit high. Like happy high. Like everything makes me giggle.

(pause. I kicked the table. And now my toe is bleeding. Enter profanity).

As I was saying, I’m giggly. And a bit clumsy. And when I do something clumsy I giggle some more. Dunno la. I went for lunch today with Haw (it’s pronounce How by the way) and he couldn’t fathom my giggly-ness, so he figured fresh air might do me good. The minute we stepped into the coffee shop, it started again. First, I dropped the plastic container cover (which holds the chilli) into my bowl of soup. So bye bye soup. And then it took me a whole minute to chew a piece of sweet and sour pork.

Haw: What’s wrong now?
Me: Tough la the meat. I can’t chew it…
Haw: Don’t eat it.

So I proceed to spit it out and move on to the next piece of meat. Which is just as chewy and to prove my point to Haw, I try to cut it into smaller pieces with my fork and spoon. And then I accidentally bend the spoon. Hey it’s not my fault it’s one of those cheapo eating utensils ok?

So I’m still hungry after that. I decide to grab an ice-cream. One of those X-Choc Cornetto/Walls ones, I forget which one. Anyway, first two bites and I’m in sugar heaven (which probably isn’t such a good thing considering I’m giggly). And then as I’m halfway done, Haw looks at me, shakes his head and tells me to look in the mirror.

Yep, chocolate all over my mouth and chin. And my tongue is brown.

Anyway, I’m still in pretty high spirits eventhough my toe is bleeding. Maybe I should do something about all that blood…

It's like that y'all (that y'all), that y'all (that y'all)
Da da da da, I like that y'all (that y'all)
It's like that y'all (that y'all), that y'all (that y'all)
Like da da da da, I like that y'all (that y'all)
-Mariah Carey, 'It’s Like That'. Once again, her songwriting skills are incomparable.

No comments: