Saturday, April 09, 2005

Smoke, pee and party.

People shouldn’t smoke in the office. I have nothing against smokers but I do have a problem with inconsiderate smokers. There’s a Board of Directors meeting going on in the conference room right now and someone is smoking in there. I know because the whole office reeks of cigarette smoke. That’s just not nice because the office is an enclosed, air-conditioned area and the majority of staff here doesn’t smoke. Plus we have a number of pregnant women around.

And my nose is getting itchy.

I have another peeve: People who can’t aim properly in the john. What is with that? The office toilet is usually spotless until an outsider visits the office. There’s pee all over the toilet seat and on the floor! How hard can it be to pee INTO the toilet bowl? Are our office toilets oh-so-different from the ones other people have at home? I think it’s a safe assumption that the perpetrator was male (probably the smoker in the conference room too, grr). Pardon me as I get a wee bit detailed here but I always figured that it would be easier for guys to pee and not cause such a mess. First up, they’re standing and no removal of garments is required. Secondly, they actually ‘handle’ their ‘equipment’, so they should have better control of where all the urine is going. And they say men have better hand-eye coordination, pah.

Anyway, on another note, Friday night was da bomb. I haven’t gone out like that in ages so it was pretty fun. Mia, Pu, Sel, Carol, Yo and I got a hotel room at the Hyatt so none of us have to drive back after a night of boozing. The merriment began during dinnertime. Beers all around! Around 9pm we headed back to the room, got dressed (which was an event by itself when you have six women applying make-up and getting dressed in one cramped bedroom) and continued our drinking session. We had three bottles – names of which are all a blur to me today – but we didn’t polish them off. We just needed a bit of a buzz before we headed to Shenanigan’s, where my good friend Jim Beam awaited us in eager anticipation. The current live band still sucks but good enough for us to sing along and shake our bon-bons to. I knew the drinks were doing their thing when Yo and Pu start getting louder (yes, Pu can actually get louder, haha), Carol starts scoping the bar for cute guys (wait, we were all doing that…), Mia starts ordering tequila shots and I’m trying hard to make the room stop spinning. Sel had to work a bit so she only re-joined us after midnight (sober as ever, sial. Making her the sole credible witness to the night’s events). When the music stopped and the lights came on, that was our cue to head back to our room.

Er, and then I had a sandwich and I went to sleep. The end *innocent whistling*

Disclaimer: The author reserves the right to withhold any information pertaining to the night in question. The author also reserves the right vehemently deny reports of untoward behaviour due to intoxication. The author was a little tipsy but still made it to work the next morning.

I'd rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else
I'd rather be beside you in a storm, than safe and warm by myself
I'd rather have hard times together, than to have it easy apart
I'd rather have the one who holds my heart

-Luther Vandross, I'd Rather. Ya a bit mushy la but it's on my playlist and it's the only lyrics ringing in my head now.

No comments: