Friday, April 15, 2005

Pass the panadol.

I’m not well. Sniff. Fever, sore throat, the works. I hate being sick. I especially hate being sick when I have loads of things to do in the office and I’ve planned my weekend. I took a sick leave yesterday but today, even if I’m frothing and having convulsions, I can’t afford to take another day off. There are just too many things to settle in the office. I’m gone for a day and already I have sixteen emails in my office inbox. I’m gonna fight this fever, no matter what it takes. Lester will be home for ONE day and I’m not going to waste it by being in bed nursing my fever. It’s so annoying. Why couldn’t I be sick earlier in the week?

Ok, let’s see. Bright side:
Today’s Friday, which means lunch is from 11:30am to 2pm.
Tomorrow is a non-working Saturday. Yay.
I get to spend the whole day with Lester. Double yay.
I can wake up late tomorrow.
I’m feeling a bit better than yesterday.

Not so bright side:
My body feels funny.
I feel so drugged up form the antibiotics and what nots.
I’m getting hungry but I have a sore throat so I’m limited to non-yummy stuff.
Deadlines. Grr.
I have to work tonight.

Alright, back to work. Damn deadlines.

“Closing time, time for you to go out, go out into the world.
Closing time, turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time, one last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.”

-Semisonic, Closing Time

No comments: