Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Tooth fairy.

I've got a toothache. It might be my wisdom tooth but based on where the pain is coming from, i doubt it. Ah crap. Now i have to go to the dentist. Right up there under my list of 'Really REALLY Dislike With a Vengeance' are roaches and...Dentists. No offense if you are one but it's just something i've had an aversion to for quite a while now. I'd sooner have a needle in my arm than a stranger probing my mouth whilst holding a drilling mechanism in his/her left hand. *shudder*. I hate the whole dentist experience. Sitting in the waiting room, nervously flipping through an old issue of Asiaweek - pretending to really care what the GDP of Mongolia is - while listening to the drilling sounds coming from the dentists' room. And then when it's your turn, there are all these evil nurses lurking around, carrying weird metal tools. And then the dentist starts asking you questions, tells you to open your mouth and he methodically begins the 'torture'. He takes a small poking device, starts digging around and goes, "Pain? Here? Here?" and *BAM* he hits jackpot. As your body goes into convulsions and beads of sweat trickle down your forehead, he takes out the drill/needle/weed-whacker and proceeds to hurt you even more. All the while, you feel like gagging and Evil Nurse sticks the spit-vacuum even further down your throat. Bi***. Just when you're about to go towards the light, everything's over and Dentist goes, "See? All done. Wasn't that quick and painless?"
In the land of flying pigs, maybe. You know why dentists wear those white face masks?

So patients can't identify them in a police line-up.

I've got a Snickers bar sitting in front of me, just waiting to be gobbled up but alas, my hurting tooth denies me the pleasure. So to fulfill my sugar craving, i've opted for a healthier choice: Orange juice. Ok, it's not exactly chocolate but better than nothing.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

"Pain my head, oh i'd rather be dead....
Spinning me round and around."
-Boyz II Men, End of The Road.

No comments: