Monday, March 07, 2005

It's a sign.

Do you believe in signs? Sometimes you can’t help but believe in them. Like when you’re thinking of having a Whopper burger and then you flip open the newspaper and it’s right there on page 3. Or you can’t decide between taking a trip to the mountains or the islands for the weekend and suddenly you spot a huge billboard of sunny skies and sandy beaches. It’s like God sending you a memo.

I think I had one of those moments today. It’s Monday morning and the first thing I discover as I walk through the office door is that there’s a major boo-boo in the monthly magazine I work for. Long story short, oversight on my part, made my boss VERY unhappy and now I’m gonna spend a good part of my night in the office sticking correction stickers on 13,000 copies of the magazine.

But back to my ‘sign’.

On my way to work this morning, my mum was asking me about switching jobs. There’s a job opening I have my eye on but I haven’t seriously considered it. And then this mishap occurs on a Monday morning and I think, “It’s a sign. Gotta be.” See, I enjoy what I do now but the new job is supposedly offering a pay 40 percent higher than what I’m making. Sounds inviting but I need to find out what the real deal is. Oh and the job description is alright, it’s a communications-related post so I figure I’ll still get to write.

In the meantime, I still have to face the wrath of my boss for the rest of the day and it’s only ten a.m. Gulp.

I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain

- The Police, 'King of Pain'

No comments: