Friday, March 18, 2005

Laugh it off.

It’s been a long two weeks. Murphy’s Law: If things can go wrong, they will. Sure we have our good days, but lately the office seems to be the epicenter of disasters. From missing documents (“It was on the table, I swear on it”) to fickle-minded powers that be (“Yes I know you’ve printed RM11,000 worth of banners but I’ve decided to change the venue for the event”). Seriously, I’ve been trying to work on meeting the magazine deadline but something always comes up. I was rushed to do a press release for an event yesterday. After two days of interviews, phone calls, research and two drafts, Big Boss decides (two hours before the press conference, mind you) we won’t need a press release after all. Ta-da.

But after these things happen day in day out, there is only one way to deal with it to ensure sanity: Laugh it off. It’s just too tiring to get angry, frustrated or annoyed anymore. So yes, I just laugh it off. Make a joke of it and rectify the matter. I mean, what else can you do anyway? When my boss said I didn’t need to issue the press release anymore, I just shrugged and said, “Great, less work for me” and went back to reading the newspaper. When they told us we have to make corrections on 400 banners, my boss and I laughed and said, “What’s 400 banners? We’ve done corrections on 13,000 copies of the magazine in three days!”

So I haven’t been having a good week, big deal. I’m just gonna let it go and take things as they come. Plus all this stressing out cannot be good for my skin. La-di-da, I know.

What’s that line again? Oh yeah…Hope for the best and expect the worst.

“And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Yeah I try to believe you,
But I don't
When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
I try to believe you,
Not today.”

-Avril Lavigne, Tomorrow

No comments: