Friday, March 11, 2005

Lovely, lovely day.

Pardon the brief absence. It’s been one of those weeks. All I need now is a cow to fly over the moon and shit on me. But I resolve not to dwell on the bad stuff, especially as the weekend is approaching (please, please, please let it be nice).

Let’s see, what have I been doing? Had dinner with the Ferrari engineering team from Italy at Nexus Karambunai Resort, went for a hand and foot spa treatment at Six Senses and had an exquisite Italian lunch at KK’s newest restaurant, Danieli’s, to do a magazine review. It sounds oh-so-exciting but in between all that, I’ve had a myriad of dramas that I could seriously do without. From screwing up at work to arguments (that should have and could have been avoided, I’ll admit), most days I come home and crawl into a hole, hoping Happy Elves will appear out of nowhere with shopping vouchers from my favourite stores. Oh and Lester’s going out of town for six weeks. Icing anyone?

Today has been a roller-coaster as well. The morning started off well as my muse finally decided to pay me a visit: I managed to write three articles all before 11:30am. Lunch was uneventful but when I got back to the office, it was as if someone decided to press rewind, fast forward, pause and play all at the same time. My phone wouldn’t stop ringing, my boss is angry at the printing company for botching up a delivery, the Big Boss is angry at my boss over something else which is actually beyond our control, I have to make five million phone calls to fix the matter, all my office-related emails from the morning bounce back, the Internet is down (and then up again)….

Oh and did I mention I’m supposed to finish at least three more articles today?

Instead of tearing my hair out, I figured it’s far more therapeutic to blog it out. My highlight of the day? I’m waiting for Lester to come back from Far Far Away this evening and forget about everyone and everything else. Till he leaves again on Sunday that is. But that’s another blog altogether.

“It’s gonna be a lovely day…”
-Bill Withers, Lovely Day

No comments: