Saturday, October 09, 2004

Won't worry my life away

Just quoting Jason Mraz. I hate deadlines. It's been on my mind the last few weeks. Being in this line of work means deadlines are a way of life. I think it's the only sucky part of my career so...I guess i can't complain. There's just so much to do: write the stories, get the photos, make sure the layout is in order and once everything is supposedly done, there are ALWAYS changes. Always always always. So I'm thinking of working extra hours on Monday.

But it's Saturday so i won't think too much about Monday. Last night i met up with friends and went to Shenanigan's for some good music and good fun :) I called an early night though. It's no fun going to work groggy and cranky. It's almost lunch time and i am so glad the work day is over.

I was chatting with Melina, my colleague, about winning the lottery (somehow i always think of Yolanda when someone mentions the lottery...hmm). If I won RM3 million (ok don't ask why RM3 million and not just RM1 million. This is MY fantasy, ok?), I would:

1) bank in RM1million and live off the interest
2) pay off debts for my family
3) have a lucky draw for the office. Like this: every month, I'd fulfill someone's wish. They put their 'wants' in a basket (like a trip to Europe or to have a piece of land in Kudat or something...) and every month, someone's dream gets fulfilled.
4) treat my friends like crazy
5) open an animal shelter
6) buy shoes.

The list is endless if you think about it. Such happy thoughts for the weekend. Oh speaking of happy thoughts, here's a little something to jumpstart your weekend:

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/hearing_sabotage.asp

Such a sucker for these tests. You'll enjoy it too!

"the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end
."

- Jason Mraz, Remedy


1 comment:

LonaDay said...

Erm, Mel, let me win first, ok? Then your turn.