Monday, October 11, 2004

Red, red wine.

I am so glad my day is almost ending. Monday has never been my favourite day anyway but today is just exceptionally sucky. Er...with no one to blame but myself.

Last night I attended the Kinabalu Shell Press Awards. I'm no longer with the press but my company bought a table at the event so I ended up hanging out with my old buddies. Anyway, long story short, there was plenty of wine. Red, red wine beckoning me with its evil ruby glint, promising happier -but delusional- times. And so I drank. And drank. And drank. And danced. Danced until I was thirsty. So i drank some more. Next thing I know, I'm clinging on to Haw who's trying to steer me to his car, whilst I'm singing some Abba song, precariously teetering on my black heels. I was deliriously happy, unaware it was three a.m and I was on the brink of one of the worst hangovers in my life.

Enter Monday morning, 6:30am. First of all, everything is TOO bright. And too loud. Then my insides begin to wake up too. They're not too happy, I discover. Hence i begin my morning love affair with the toilet boil, making my hair smell like Eau De Puke. Shower, change, room still spinning, the sight of breakfast makes my stomach tighten again. My dad has to send me to work because I swear I'm still tipsy. I'm not even sure if I'm walking straight. The floor keeps moving. Damn floor. Anyway, I've puked four times in the office, and everyone just can't resist telling me I look like crap.

Gee oh my, I wonder why.

Anyway, I really wanna go home and sleep right now. I swear I can still taste the red wine, clinging onto my tongue. Ugh. Happier times tomorrow, people.

Over and out.

"I hope you don't mind, that i put down in words,
How wonderful life is now you're in the world."
- Your Song by Elton John. Fuzzy song that reminds me of my baby.









3 comments:

-bba- said...

Hey Mel! Yo dropped me a msg on Friendster so stumbled across your blog *sigh*.

Do visit me blog sometimes http://karmilla.blogspot.com

Are you actually based in KK?

Fridaycat said...

hi there! nice of you to drop by my blog,heh. Yes, very much in KK but always in and out of town, thanks to my job. i checked out your blog...Still the active Karmilla we all know eh? i'll be dropping by more often now. See ya!

LonaDay said...

I'm glad I could be of service. Bringing people together. That's me!