Friday, October 22, 2004

Hello Bangkok!

I’m going to Bangkok tonight. Yep, the office is sending me on a media familiarization trip. I thought my boss was joking when she told me. I told her, “Ok ok, seriously…Is it Tawau or Sandakan again this time?” But yes, my friends, I am actually heading to Bangkok!

I’m pretty excited. I haven’t traveled to anywhere remotely exotic in the last couple of years. I think the last overseas trip was to the Gold Coast two years ago. So many places to see…And so little funds to spare, haha.


I have a friend, Edmund, who is doing what most of us talk about doing or would like to do or wish we could do (you get the pic). He’s backpacking around Europe. Basically, he applied for a two-year working visa and is –technically- based in London. So here’s a guy whom upon graduating uni, packed his bags, moved to London and is working four jobs to survive and travel. After working several weeks, he saves enough money to hop from one country to another. When that’s done, he returns to London, works some more…And repeats the globe-trotting cycle. It’s amazing, I tell you. He sends me postcards every week and tells me about places I’ve never even heard off! He went to Florence, Rome, Assisi and the last time I heard he was one the way to Croatia. I can’t remember half the places he’s been to. I’ve put up his postcards on my office wall as a reminder there’s more to the world than Kudat and KL.


Maybe someday I’ll get to send my friends postcards too :)

"All my bags are packed...I'm ready to go,"
-Leaving On a Jet Plane and for the life of me, I can't remember who the original singer is.

No comments: