Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sad songs.

You notice how some songs are just so sad? Sometimes we just sing along without really listening or thinking of what the lyrics are saying. I notice that when i'm driving alone, that's when i REALLY listen to songs. Like word for word. Sometimes the song just breezes through your head but there are always one or two songs that strike a nerve or make you go, "hmm."

One of the songs that makes me tear up is Butterfly Kisses. You know the one about the father who's singing to the daughter? He's telling her how she's growing up so fast but she'll always be his little girl. Damn. I always get teary, especially the part where he sings about her wedding day and that "she'll change her name today". Makes me think of my daddy :)

Another sad song is Toni Braxton's 'How Could An Angel Break My Heart?' I mean, you don't have to go through that kind of heartache but if you listen to the lyrics, you can almost feel the longing and pain.

"I wonder if she makes him smile
The way he used to smile at me
I hope she doesn't make him laugh
Because his laugh belongs to me."

- Toni Braxton, How Could An Angel Break My Heart?

ouch. Also Josh Groban. Ok, so this guy has a dramatic voice to start off with. And while most of his stuff might sound like Pavarotti in training, take a listen to Broken Vow:

"Tell me his name I want to know
The way he looks and where you go.
I want to see his face, I need to understand,
How you and I came to an end..."
(enter sad puppy eyes and trembling lower lip)

And finally, something by Heather Headley called I Wish I Wasn't:

"I wish i wasn't in love with you...So you couldn't hurt me."

Makes sense doesn't it? The person you love the most is also the person who can break you. Doesn't matter if other people slight us but if it's someone close, like a family member or boyf/gf, ouch.

It's like if you're rude to a random stranger on the street, you forget about it within 30 seconds but if you accidentally snap at your mum and you see the stunned look on her face, you feel this big.

Anyway, enough love songs for the day. Happier updates later. Big hug to all.




4 comments:

LonaDay said...

mel, i got pms. like sel, see grass oso can cry. now i read this blog. sniff. 'tahan macho'.

-bba- said...

*sniff* i think i'm worst...whenever it's PMS, i even cry to Metallica's song... well, their lyrics are damn good but... heh... nuff said..

Fridaycat said...

Sel, dunno how to allow anonymous comments. I think its a default setting.

Yeah, damn sad songs. I was pms-ing that time...It's like i was alternating from crying at the drop of a hat to killing annoying people every five seconds.

I love being a woman.

-bba- said...

Yaaa...slightly mafan to log in. Use Halo scan or even, a tag board? doneeh.com ka etc. Luckily I was at my normal dose of head banging, butt kicking songs.