Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Facebook facade.

Facebook and I aren't on very good terms these days. I dunno what it is but I'm starting to feel violated. Call it a Fishbowl Syndrome or whatever you like. I feel like someone is contantly peeking into my bedroom window, wondering what I'm up to, what I'm doing, where I'm going...
Strangers going, "add me! add me!" With all due respect, if I have no idea who you are, I am not going to add you. And no, knowing a friend of a friend of a friend doesn't count. Plus, I know some people out there want to be added for the sake of prying into your profile page and rummaging through your photo albums. Shame on you.

Which is why I've 'locked' some of my albums in facebook. Please don't take offense but there are some things I've decided to keep private, even if you are my friend. Plus, brainless comments on my photos really aren't going to win you any points.

I know what you're thinking: Then why the hell am I even on Facebook? Or worse, why have a blog documenting your so-called life? Kind of a hypocrite, points your little finger. Here's this thing - in the event I want to shout to the world about my personal life, I'll do it on my own terms and not through the prying of your grimy little fingers. You know what I don't understand about some people? When you refuse to share something personal and they take offense. How ridiculous is that? Hey nosy balls, if I wanna keep it to myself, that's my business la. Geez.

Ya I hate Facebook. But I love how it keeps me in touch with certain people in my life. It's not a tool for me to make new friends. I'm having trouble keeping old ones sometimes, heh heh. So to my Facebook friends, don't mind me if I don't Superpoke you in return or I don't buy you a Happy Hour drink - I still love you guys, for real.

And now, I'm going to pack and make a little trip. I'll be back on Monday. In case these are my last words ever (look, you never know), think of me fondly and wear pink to my funeral, ok?

No comments: