Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday night bla blas.

So no, I'm not spending Friday night doing anything remotely exciting. It's just a little past 11pm and I'm getting ready to hit the sack. It's been a VERY long three days, work-wise and I am looking forward to sleeping without worrying about the alarm clock waking me up in the morning. Simple pleasures.

Ok, my life in random order:

1. My relatives from Manila are visiting this weekend. I took Monday and Tuesday off so I could spend more time with them, seeing this is their first time to KK. Gonna hit the islands, have loads of seafood and just forget about work for a couple of days (ok, i lied. I brought some work home...)

2. I saw a car accident happen right before my very eyes this evening as I was driving home from dinner. This red car was zipping through the lanes, overtaking everyone and then after it passed me, it just flipped over the divider and crashed into the bus stop on the other side of the road! My heart was beating so fast and I hope to God the guy was wearing a seatbelt because the car was smashed up pretty bad. If I'm shaken up watching that, imagine what the guy inside must be going though...

3. I came home from work at 10pm last night to have my mum tell me my cat Sabrina has been missing 24 hours. It never came home for meals or nap time. So off i went hunting with my torchlight, calling for Sabrina around my neighbourhood. I had so many awful thoughts in my head. After some time, I gave up and realised how physically exhausted I was. Unfortunately, my mind couldn't switch off all night, worrying about my sayang.

4. .....Sabrina shows up in the morning, unscathed.

5. Two meetings today. Nuff said.

6. I have to get my passport done on Monday. You'll have to stay tuned to see where Fridaycat is headed!

7. I'm kinda addicted to Katherine McPhee's 'Over It', her single from her debut album. I've never been a fan of hers and this song isn't gonna blow you away. But maybe it's just because I relate to the song more than I realise. Have a listen.

8. My cubby's experiencing some bad weather in Toronto now. In fact classes have been cancelled due to the snow storms and they even had their power supply interrupted (I think it still is). No chat tonight then. I hope he bundles up.

I think i'll watch a dvd now. Yep, another exciting night for this sleepy cat.

"Moving on, it's my time. You never were a friend of mine."
-Katharine McPhee (of American Idol fame), 'Over It'

No comments: