Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feels right.

Ever have those days when you feel everything is in control and in place? Those moments are so rare that when I catch a whiff of it, I embrace it whole-heartedly. Today is one of those days. I may be extra swamped with work and chasing impossible deadlines, but somehow I've never felt more in control of my life.

And for the first time in a long time, I'm starting to find some peace of mind and enjoying the simplicity of my life. In some strange way, I've always found comfort in routine and the familiar. And lately, with my mum away for a break in Manila and our hired help officially gone, I have no choice but to go 'domestic' - dishes, laundry, picking up after my brother. After a long day at the office, the last thing you wanna do are chores but I find something therapeutic about it. Scrubbing the sink till it's spotless and arranging the glasses and cups according to function (cups are for coffee, glasses for water thankyouverymuch) keep me happy.

I even went shopping alone on Sunday - always a nice 'me' moment. I browsed the bookstore for an hour, went boutique-hopping and when I got hungry, I bought a hotdog and some orange juice and sat down to eat it. I paid all my bills on time and even went to the bank to make sure my finances were in order.

And for the icing on my cake, I just think of Haw and despite the gazillion miles between us, he still makes me smile.

I'll probably be ranting about something else come tomorrow but today, life feels right.

I almost forgot how good it feels.

No comments: