Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sneezy Thursday

I hate it when my nose is itchy. I feel like plucking it off my face and scratching it till its red and raw. And now my eyes are itchy. Ah crap. I'm allergic to everything except snow. Oh wait...Maybe i AM allergic to snow.

Today is one of those days where you don't see the point of coming to work. Everyone's already in holiday mood, thanks to the long weekend. I can't wait :) I'm going for a run after work. I only started this week and, fingers crossed, I stick to it this time. I think running in the park beats being in a stuffy gym. Although at some point when i do my body toning, i might have to hit the gym again. But right now, I'm working at improving my stamina and getting my circulation going. I think i need to lose five kilos. If i was taller, i'd only have to shed two but darn my short genes! But we'll see what happens. Hell, i'd be happy if i lost only two kilos at this point. Five might be ambitious. Watch this space for more updates on The Life and Times of Mel's Great Weight Debate.

That said, I love to eat. Love, love, love and proud of it. I'd rather work out extra hard than give up on my favourite food. Which, in no particular order, include:

1. Pasta. omg, a must have at least once a month. Where? Little Italy of course. Fettucine Boscaiola, a side of bruschetta and red wine. Yum.

2. Japanese. I only developed a love for this a couple of years ago. Nowadays, i crave for little pieces fo raw fish dipped in green mustard and soya sauce.

3. Dad's cooking. I grew up thinking all men can cook, thanks to my dad. He is the BEST cook in the world and friends who've had dinner at my place can attest to that. His specialities include Crab cooked in special sweet and sour sauce, tapai (local rice wine) chicken soup (the more ginger the better!), Chicken cooked with tumeric (my all time fave), steamed fish with ginger. (Meals come with white rice and dessert is served with a side order of my dad's lame jokes. Call 555-eatliketheresnotomorrow)

4. Bah Kut Teh. Herbal goodness, steaming and ready to eat. Best served on a rainy day. Oh, but no innards for me, thanks.

5. Nasi lemak. Still searching for the best in the world but somehow those RM0.50 per packet ones are the yummiest.

6. Baked potatoes with creamy chicken in mayo and sour cream.

7. brownies fresh from the oven. Oh...wow.

8. Fat juicy steak with black pepper sauce, side dish of potatoes -mashed, baked, u name it - and fresh veggies. Who said balanced meals were boring?

9. Bacon and eggs. Back to basics.

10. Creamy soup. There's something soothing about soup. Oh and served with garlic bread so you can dip it in your soup. mmm.

I could go on but i'm getting hungry. Darn it. Oh, and Burger King burgers! Better than McD's (enter hate mail). Hey, in fact i think i'll treat myself to a Whopper for dinner, right after my run.

Yeah i know, five kilos my foot.

"I'm not your superwoman, I'm not the kind of girl, that you can let down, and think that everything's okay..."
- Karen White on being a Superwoman.




No comments: