Tuesday, January 18, 2005

blink, blink, blink

It’s exactly 8am and I’m blinking rapidly to keep my eyes open. Yawn. I could definitely use more sleep. I stayed up watching the Golden Globes last night – yes people, being awake at 11pm constitutes as ‘staying up’ in my world. But I actually got bored halfway through. Do you notice their thank you speeches are longer than that of the Oscars? But I did enjoy watching Robin Williams winning the Cecil B. Demille award. So funny that guy.

We’ve been experiencing a chill in the air the past week or so. I thought it was just me but everyone else has noted that the air is cooler than usual. The mornings are the worst especially after you step out of the shower. It’s still sunshiny and everything but once you go under the shade and the breeze starts blowing, you’ll feel the cold. I heard that it might have something to do with us getting the Siberian wind. Whatever it is, it sure feels damn weird.

Hmm what else, what else…Ah yes, it’s a four-day week! I’ll be spending the long weekend with some friends at the mountains. We booked a cabin for two nights, far far away from the drudgery of everyday life (and the parental units). I can’t wait, heh. It’s only Tuesday though…sigh.

Anyway, it’s one of those days where writing something this short takes me half an hour. I foresee a LONG day ahead.

“I’m just trying to find a decent melody, a song that I can sing in my own company…”

-Stuck in a Moment, U2. I never get tired of this tune.

No comments: