Monday, January 03, 2005

Today, a cat...Tomorrow, the world!

Happy new year. Resolutions, smesho-lutions. I didn’t bother making any, although I did promise myself to hit the gym (or do some form of sweat-inducing activity) more often. But just the thought of it is enough to make me crawl back into bed. Yes I’m a lazy slob, sue me.

Oh wait, announcement on the way: I HAVE A CAT! Yes, ladies and gents, the pussy has landed. His name is Gaya (bought him in Gaya Street on a hot Sunday morning) and is a mixed breed of Siamese and some Japanese pedigree. Absolutely adorable at 5 months old. So cute, I could just eat him (which is just wrong, I know). Ok, will post pics of him once I get a digi camera up and running.

I spent New Year’s Day nursing a cold. I should’ve known I was getting sick with all that sneezing and sniffling the day before. Sunday I totally forgot about being sick cuz I was busy running around tending to my new baby. And today, back in the office, my nose is impersonating a leaky faucet once again. Not the nicest of feelings plus the air-conditioning is as helpful as a block of ice warming me up on a winter’s day. I dunno how long I’m gonna last….And it’s only 9:15am. Darn.

So another year huh? I’m filled with both dread and anticipation. I mean, at this stage in life, I’m not sure what I’m working towards. Yes that’s sounds a bit hopeless but think about it. When we were in college and uni, every year was like, “Another two/three semesters till I graduate.” And then it was about looking for a job, followed by ‘discovering the exciting world’ of the working adult. And then there’s looking for greener pastures. Three years later, it’s pretty much ‘get the job done, go home and watch TV’. At this point, I’m not looking to being promoted yet and I don’t want a new job because I’m happy with this one. I guess I’m saving towards buying my own house. That’s good enough for now I suppose.

“Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
You’re only a day away.”

- ‘Tomorrow’ from the musical Annie

No comments: