Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Friendster. Eeeevil?

Ok hands up, how many of you check your Friendster account three times a day (seven if you’re bored and ten if you’re bored AND lifeless?). Guilty as charged. Sometimes, I’m amazed at the people I ‘run’ into. People who were 9 years old the last time I saw them. People I used to have lunch with everyday for three years in college and are complete strangers now. People who know people who know people who know you.

And it’s cool how testimonials can say so much about a person (but sometimes I wonder how many were coerced into saying certain things? Hmmm….). But I dunno how being called ‘my favourite slutty friend’ or ‘a dickhead who stole my girlfriend’ is complimentary. Maybe I’m just a prude * shrugs*

But I did come across something interesting. There’s this girl who was friends with this guy (back in June) and not too long later, they’re an item – they still are by the way. But if you visit his page and read a testimonial dated in April, he was engaged to some other girl. It was like, “Hey ladies, stay away from my man cuz he’s so taken! Good thing we’re engaged *insert gushy mushy stuff here* I was like, wow, you can discover someone’s whole relationship history on Friendster!

And then there are pages where the guy’s friend list is made up of girls that fall under three categories: pretty, pretty nice and pretty nice assets. You get the pic.

And have you been to Hi5? Another one of those sites (and yes, I have an account, so sue me). Everything was fine and dandy until I got an invite from a dude called Shamseer. See, other people either put a photo of their ugly mug or some cutesy soft toy. Or some prefer Japanese anime or a celebrity because in some other parallel universe, they just KNOW they look that good (and in that world, I’m five feet ten and Johnny Depp wants to marry me).


But Shamseer here puts a photo of his dick.

Ladies and gentlemen, I kid you not…This guy takes a photo of his penis and pastes in on a network website. Ya ya ya I know, some people have said, “How’d you know it’s his penis?”
People…I don’t CARE whose penis it is!!! I don’t like anyone’s penis to greet me on a so-called friendly networking website, full stop.

And here’s his message, ehem: “If you like how good my penis looks, wait till you see my face.”

Ok first up, dude, zero brownie points for the penis photo. Second, you’re on the wrong site, you might wanna check out
www.befriendswithmydick.com. And third…Do I really need a third reason?

I couldn’t click the ‘Reject’ button faster.

Maybe I am a prude.


"You make me wanna la la, on the kitchen on the floor, I'll be your french maid, when i meet you at the door..."
- Ashlee Simpson, bring the term 'La La' to whole new level.

No comments: