Monday, December 29, 2008

Screw you, 2008.

Two days to go.

I've spent most of my so-called Christmas break alternating between two extremes: overdosing on the Christmas merriment that includes non-stop family affairs and parties as well as staying in bed reflecting on the year that was and the year its going to be.

And while almost everyone goes back to work tomorrow, I still have a whole week of absolutely NO WORK to go, nyeh nyeh. And what have I been doing? Cleaning the clutter - both literally and figuratively. I can't believe I still have eye shadow from circa 1998. Chinese New Year cards from two years back and clubbing receipts that tell of nights filled with overpriced beer. It felt so good to throw them all out. And I've made my decision to keep toxic people out of my life. Never mind toxic; even people who irritate me the slightest with their mere existence. I can't do the layan thing anymore. If I don't feel like oohing and aahing at your boring stories, I won't. And best of all - I'm not even going to feel bad about it.

I don't know what 2009 will bring. In fact, I don't even care. All I know is that -blessings aside- 2008 was a shit year. It will remained etched in my memory forever as a shit year. Filled with shitty people, shitty situations and shitty outcomes. But I must take responsibility for my actions and after boo-hooing all year, all I can do is hope I've learned a thing or two (fat chance, knowing me...). I DO intend to take more chances. Step outside my comfort zone and have more 'Oh alright, what the heck' moments. Seize the fcukin day.

And I'm gonna do it with style.

No comments: