Monday, August 25, 2008

Tired.

Am back from the 22nd Mt. Kinabalu International Climbathon (i'm too lazy to explain, just google it heh heh). No, I didn't run up the mountain. It was for work. As it has been for the last five years.

The mountain air was a nice change although there moments where it got a wee bit too cold. And on the last day, I had to take an ICY shower at 5:00am because they ran out of hot water. How can you run out of hot water in a place like that? Imagine pouring ice water on yourself. Yeah, refreshing.

After a long journey back from Kundasang, I managed to catch my breath, take a shower and rush to attend the annual Shell Press Awards. It's always great to see my ex-colleagues in the journalism line - they always treat me like I've never left the press, bless them. And the free flow of alcohol didn't hurt neither. Unfortunately, I was so bloody exhausted and try as I might, I sneaked away from the crowd at 2:30 am. Yes, 2:30. And here I am at work today. Well, physically I'm here lah but my mind is somewhere in bed.

So I'm tired. Body, mind and soul. The past week has been really trying for me and right now I just want to collapse in bed and sleep till I can sleep no more. But for now, we still have one event to run this Thursday and then I can breathe easy. Wish me luck.

No comments: