Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pills and spills.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I hate August. And true to form, it is finally starting to shit on me. Anyway, i've been away from the office for the last 2 days - i'll spare you the details - and have been pill-popping at home (for medical reasons la). A combination of sleeping pills and painkillers keeps grumpy Mel out of service for a while.
To keep my sanity in check, I've discovered a newfound addiction to this:




Still no idea what I'm talking about? GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK baybeh! My nieces have a Sony Wii so needless to say...I've been occupied. You can rock to the tunes of Pat Benatar (I love Hit Me With Your Best Shot) and Heart's Barracuda. It has an excellent track list, including classics from Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Killers, Kiss, even Tenacious D! I played (much to my niece's amusement) till my left arm had no more blood rushing through and I think I pulled a muscle. I'm no where near as good as Francine (my niece) and I'm still on practice mode.
I found a pink one! Would love to get one of these fer real...

Basically, it's a 'sorta guitar' where you play according to the coloured chords. It's a lot to do with rhythm and beat and sometimes you start to get cross-eyed (well I do anyway). All good fun. Ah the things that keep me going these days...

No comments: