Thursday, July 03, 2008

Change.

We can't be 15 forever. And although we say we'll always be friends, I know how life can get in the way sometimes. Jobs switch, ideals evolve and hairstyles change. I miss the simplicity of our friendship. When hanging out was just a phonecall away and drunken Friday nights were spontaneous.

I know in principle, we want to be there for each other every step of the way. And I know when you can't answer my call, it doesn't mean you don't care. I hope you know it works the same way vice versa. There aren't many people I can make 3am calls to and I highly doubt they'll understand why shoe shopping is the answer to all bad days.

I miss the time we spend together. Laughing about everything and nothing. Truth be told, we've all hardened and turned cynical - maybe it's a good thing, I don't know. We've all become realists and happy endings are utopian ideals. Lord knows we've had our share of bad skin, mortifying office moments and questionable men. I know some parts of us have given up on each other - and although that's kinda sad, I guess it's part of growing up.

I miss you guys.

No comments: