Wednesday, October 31, 2007

BOO!

Horror movies. I love 'em. I am also the biggest scaredy-fridaycat. Yeah, quite a combination, i know. Those near and dear are always amazed at my morbid fascination. "You know you won't be able to sleep with the lights off for days...Why do you still wanna watch this?"

I dunno baaah....I just want to! So in the spirit of the Halloween season, here are some of my favourite horror flicks and with the right company, I'd like to watch them again!



So classic, so cheesy, so good. If you haven't watched this, please do.Best scene: When the girlfriend gets possessed and she starts giggling in her white nightgown. Gave me nightmares for days.



The Silence of the Lambs series is the bestest ever. "Quid pro quo..." said Hannibal Lecter. In my opinion, he is the SCARIEST villain ever simply because he's the kind of gentleman you'd invite over for dinner. Then again, he'd probably be having YOU for dinner. Check out the other parts of the story: Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon and Hannibal.



My ex-boyfriend (boo!) introduced this to me and I loved it (yay!) . I also fell in love with Cillian Murphy here. The storytelling is great and I've never been fond of zombie movies but this is definitely my favourite undead film.


If you don't know Pinhead, you don't know what you're missing. The first Hellraiser is still the best. I'm looking for the DVD so if anyone sees it in KK, let me know! The movie gets pretty gory but lovely to watch on a stormy night and minimal lights.


It's a love-hate relationship with this one. The sight of Linda Blair still gives me the heebie jeebies. And now...I bring you...



I can't wait for this baby to open here. Enjoy your screamfest!

No comments: