Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What's the story morning glory?

It's been a whirlwind of events for yours truly over the last couple of weeks. I've been meaning to blog each event separately but thanks to my procrastination skills, I've decided to just plonk it all in one entry. Me so lazy but I think you've figured that out by now.

First, I attended a fancy schmancy dinner thrown by my 'ex boss', Tan Sri Chong Kah Kiat. There was wine, people singing, men in penguin suits and more wine. Such a classy event - which to me reflected the character of the host. After a few more glasses of wine and Chivas, I was cha-cha-ing with the Chairman of Sabah Tourism. And I don't even cha cha.

Ok everyone, senyuuuuuuum:

The next day, I hopped on a plane and headed to KL for the Malaysia Tourism Awards. Sabah won six awards that night, hooray! And the two tables filled with Sabahans did the state proud by hooting and cheering everytime we got nominated or won something. (Notice my curly hair is still intact from the previous night's event, heh heh. I can't be arsed to get it 'done'). We stayed at Traders' Hotel (v.nice) which had a great view of the Twin Towers. In between doing nothing and watching CNN, I took shots of myself. Click.

Oops, forgot to mention: Somewhere between don't know when and don't care when, I went to Ranau to attend a poignant ceremony to remember the fallen Australian soldiers during the second world war. A ceremony was held at Quailley Hill in the Sabah Tea Garden. I especially liked the burning of the gum leaves. During the war, the girlfriends and wives of the soldiers would send gum leaves to them from Australia. They would burn the leaves and the smell would remind them of home. Unfortunately, many of them would find their resting place in Sabah.



We did a photo shoot of Luna Rossa, an Italian joint near the Jesselton Waterfront. I'm sure you've seen it. While the professionals did their thing, I spent the evening chatting with the owner, sipping delicious white wine and trying my hand at taking this shot:
Yummy potatoes with a gooey texture that kinda reminds me of peanut butter. Yum. But be warned: It's filling.

Well, that's it for now. But let me leave you with a vanity shot.

This is Fridaycat signing off, meow meow purr purr.

No comments: