The four women who spiced up Manhattan's singles scene for six years on the HBO television series "Sex and the City" appear headed for a big-screen reunion after all.
New Line Cinema, a corporate sibling of HBO under Time Warner Inc., is close to sealing a final deal to finance and distribute the long-stalled picture, a spokesman for the studio said on Thursday.
The project is set to begin shooting in the fall with all four stars of the HBO hit -- Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon -- on board to reprise their roles.
Hurrah! I love the show for so many reasons:
1. The witty anecdotes on life, love, men and sex
2. Fantastic cast, great chemistry. The last show I remember that has fantastic on-screen chemistry would definitely be The X-Files. Mulder and Scully rule!
3. How nobody really looks like they have a 'job'. I know Samantha is in PR and Miranda is a lawyer but seriously...Where do they find the time to hang out for brunch for what seems like EVERYday?
4. Two words: Manolo Blahnik
5. The yummy men who waltz in and out of their life.
6. Samantha's sexual conquests!
7. Charlotte's perpetual search for her soul mate
8. Miranda's sarcasm
9. Carrie's ability to wear the most ridiculous things
And on her salary as a columnist, how DOES she afford those Blahniks?