Monday, July 09, 2007

Not really here.

Monday started with a sore throat. Not any sore throat. The kind where you feel a porcupine has crawled in and lodged itself there. I woke up at 4:30am, thinking I was choking and pretty much couldn't sleep thereafter.

A trip to the doctor five hours later, I'm told I have a nasty infection on my tonsils (ulcers and the works) and it's highly contagious. A fever develops by noon and at 2pm, I'm off to bed. I wake up at 5pm and feel like I never really slept.

I missed out an interesting point made by my doctor. He said that since I started exercising regularly again (in a nutshell, I've picked up running at least twice a week, three if I'm feeling particularly inspired), it's likely that my immunity system has dropped, making me susceptible to infection and what not. Great. I thought exercising was supposed to HELP my health.

My whole body feels like it's been pummelled. I can't watch any more TV for fear my head is going to explode. I can't sleep because I think i've 'outslept' myself. I'm hungry but I have to go on a soft food diet - and porridge can only do so much. I can't talk much because I think my throat just needs a break. So here I am, blogging. I've been given 2 days medical leave but we'll see how Tuesday morning pans out. Oh, and given my current state, I've decided to turn off my handphone. It's times like these I feel like I'm not really here.

No comments: