Friday, July 21, 2006

Time is of the essence.

It's 8:15 am and I'm already in the office. It's nice and quiet, i suppose everyone is still downstairs having brekkie or in the pantry making coffee. It's Friday, which means:
1. Lunch is a two and a half hour affair. Sweet.
2. THE WEEKEND IS HERE!

I can almost see time sprouting wings and doing that flying thing. It's July already. And in a week's time, it'll be August. I cannot stress enough how much I want the year to end. I just want 2006 to zoom by. It has been a less than pleasant year for me (it's gonna get less pleasant soon) and I dread what lies ahead from now till the New Year. Can someone press the fast forward button already?

Speaking of time, there are moments that I would love to freeze frame or put into slow mo. Like my time in Mabul island *dreamy sigh*, Mataking *BIG SMILE* or Saturday afternoons with people who make me happy. Call me crazy but I like being happy. Not enough of those Kodak moments these days. But all the money and sitting,waiting wishing in the world isn't going to stop/move time. So there is only one thing left to do: Take each day as it comes, expecting the worst while hoping for the best. As for those lovely moments with lovely people, I'm just going to soak it up and indulge while it lasts. As much as I feel that the year is creeping oh so slowly, time is fleeting. And there are things I need to do and say before time is up. I have to let go of the past and embrace the future...Because I know all the shitty things behind me have to stay there if I ever want to carve a better future for myself.

We're running out of tomorrows and we live in too many yesterdays. And damn, I'm not getting any younger.

No comments: