Friday, May 01, 2009

Falling off the planet.

Yes, I haven't been blogging. Wow, how did you notice?

How the winds do shake the darling buds of May... or something like that. It's May already. ALREADY. Where the hell the weeks go? Oh that's right - I've been caught up in my world of "This-is-due-tomorrow" that time has become oh-so fleeting. It's a good thing and it's a bad thing. GOOD because I don't have time to dwell on things that might bring me down (ie: i really should lose 7 kilos...He really is such an asshole...I don't have enough money to travel...). BAD because I've become a social recluse. Kudos to you who have not given up on calling me out for a drink eventhough you probably know i'm going to be an ass and say, "I can't promise you, I'm a bit busy/sick/busy." I DO appreciate your calls and smses and I will totally understand if one day you wake up and go, "Melissa who?"

But for now, I am honest when I say I don't have the luxury of hanging out after work or on weekends as much as I'd like to. My day is filled to the brim with annoying demands as it is and sometimes by the time it's time to clock out of work, I just want to melt into the sofa and zone out. Sometimes it annoys the crap out of me when I go out for lunch with colleagues (disclaimer: I love them so this is not me bitching about them ok) but the topic of WORK never escape the table. Like wtf. Can we go 60 minutes NOT talking about Sabah Fest, press conferences, article deadlines, management meetings or how incompetent some people in the office are???

Which is why most days, I sit in the office with my sandwich during lunchtime, watching The Big Bang Theory on my computer and for just one BLESSED hour, I hope to God I can have some me-time.

But of course, that's too much to ask because that's when the phone will conveniently start ringing and someone on the other line going, "Hi, is this bad time? Lunch? Oh ok, I was just wondering if you could...."

But of courrrrrse I cannnnn....It's my pleasurrrre....

*sigh*

Yes, I've fallen off the planet. And as I glance at my calendar filled with to-dos and deadlines, I'm afraid I won't be climbing back on for a while. In the meantime, have a drink for me will ya?

No comments: