Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It all started with the Big Bang...

Let me introduce you to my current obsession. I watched 2 episodes during my trip to Langkawi with Dillon, who thought this would be something right up my alley. He was right. I've been hooked since and, as fate would have it, I came across the Season 1 DVD set a month ago and bought it. Right now, I'm in the midst of downloading (hooray BitTorrent!) Season2. I don't know why this hasn't made it to Astro yet but when it does, I'm gonna watch it all over again. Yes, I'm a geek like that.

What's it about:
Geeks. No, really. It's about these two nerdy, physicists friends who live next door to the Hot Blonde (Kaley Cuoco - yep she's from 8 Simple Rules) . They also have two more geeky friends who visit a lot. I love the over-the-top scientific babble which escapes me half the time. It's the delivery that really gets to me. Jim Parsons, who plays the annoying yet can't-get-enough-of-him Sheldon, is fantastic and who would've thought Johnny Galecki would outgrow his teen hearthrob persona and blossom into a...Geek. Clearly one of the most underrated shows out there today.

Here's one of my favourite scenes:



Love. it.

No comments: