What I Learned In 2006:
1. I learned that travelling is one of the greatest things in life and I am blessed that my job brings me to the most amazing places right at my doorstep. Even if I have to deal with leeches down my cleavage.
2. I learned that the biggest obstacle you can face is yourself. I didn't think I could rock climb or trek for five hours uphill and upstream but once I got over the whole, "Oh my god I'm going to die" phase, it wasn't so bad.
3. I learned that my girlfriends are invaluable. Be it a bad day at work, impulsive shopping, unexpected news, your car breaking down and failed relationships, no one stands beside you quite like they do.
4. I learned that my family is the one constant thing in my life that I take for granted.
5. I learned that I'm getting older and there's more to life than hitting the clubs every weekend.
6. I learned the 8-second rule: Everytime someone pisses me off and I'm about to say something I might regret, I count to 8 and I find myself actually calming down and walking away.
7. I learned that people are not what they seem, even if you think you've known them for years.
8. Hence, I learned that he never really loved me anyway.
9. I learned that high heels can make you feel fabulous...But for only 2 hours. After that, you'd better have a good pair of Nike trainers on standby
10. I learned I'm never going to be skinny and I'll always love food. So there.
11. I learned that having your heart broken hurts like hell. And having it broken over and over in a span of 12 months is even worse.
12. But I also learned that the only way you'll recognise and appreciate the good is to experience the bad.
13. I learned that no matter how i try, I cannot hate Christmas.
14. I learned that long distance relationships are difficult, expensive and frustrating. But with the right person, distance is irrelevant.
15. I learned that one year can crawl painstakingly slowly or zoom by ridiculously fast: It just depends on your frame of mind.
The past year has been a circus of sorts.It only gets better from here. Watch this space.