Wednesday, January 04, 2006

She blogs!

Ok so everyone's tired of the basic panties/brainy girl entry. Sorry people, I've just been plain lazy and occupied with festivities over the last few weeks. More importantly...I'm back!

NewYear, schmoo year. So how was yours? I spent it with friends at Blue Note. In a nutshell, it was an evening of booze, buddies and shaking booties on the dance of floor. The countdown was a blur, thanks to the alcohol. All I truly recall that night was that I had a great time and the tequila shots made the night even better, haha. Thanks Mia!

Resolutions. Why do we bother making them? So we can break them of course! Ok la, this year I JUST might stick to them. Ok maybe just one. We'll see. For the heck of it, here are my so-called resolutions (ehem, inspired by Sel).

1. Drink more milk - Stronger bones and teeth maketh a woman healthy. I'm not even thirty and I already hear my bones cracking with every sit-up (ok maybe with every morning stretch as I hit the snooze button for the fourth time).

2. Eat healthy - haha. Worth a try.

3. Exercise more - Hey, I travel five flights of stairs five times a week. Do you? Now i resolve to do it SIX times a week.

4. Be more selfish - It's all about me. Deal with it. Me me me me me me me me. Screw what everybody else wants.

5. Learn how to use Quark Express - Oh yes, this I might actually pull off. (Contrary to popular belief, quark is not a cross between a quack and a bark- That i can already do. It's a graphic design software).

6. Leave - ...my job? KK? well enough alone? I dunno. I'll fill in the blanks later.

That's about it for now. As you can see, I'm not off to a very inspiring start. To be honest, I greeted the new year with apprehension, anxiety and trepidation (albeit in a drunken state). My past year hasn't been a bag of whoop-dee-do so I'm hoping this year will be better. I'll be 27. Wow.

Twenty seven. Dua puluh tujuh. Yee sap chat. Yep...Looks like whatever way I put it, it still sounds older than 26. Snort. What the hell. I'm still wondering where 22,23,24 went. I've chucked my five year plan out the window but one thing remains for sure. In five years time...

....I will definitely be 32 years old.

Ya, I so clever, I know.

Happy New Year everybody.

Mel and Mia being happy.

Pussycat, Pussycat
I've got flowers
And lots of hours
To spend with you.
So go and powder your cute little pussycat nose !
- What's New Pussycat?, Tom Jones. Any song with the word 'pussycat' in it gets brownie points from me.

No comments: