Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th. Hooray.

Friday the 13th. The coolest day of the year. Because it's deemed so unlucky I find it necessary to prove otherwise. So far the day...macam biasa saja.

So here's what's been going on in Fridaycat's life:

Work - Same old, same old. There are days when the creative juices run dry. Sigh. And online games like Zuma beckon. I'm finding it hard to get my engines running. Maybe it's the start of the year and things are still a bit slow in the office. Which is a good thing. Sort of. I'm actually feeling a bit (shall i say it?) bored with my work these days. 2006 might be the year to move on. Watch this space.

On the social side - Attended a birthday party last Saturday. Lots of free wine, beer, Chivas flowing like there's no tomorrow. So yes, it was definitely one I enjoyed. I stayed away from the pool for fear of making a literal splash in my drunken state. But I wasn't drunk, mind you. Just happily tipsy. It was...an eventful night, not necessarily for me alone. Apart from the party, I've been hanging out with pretty much the same peeps but these days, I've stayed true to my 'selfish' resolution. I only see people when I want to and not when I'm expected to make an appearance. There's a sense of liberation in doing my own thing when I want to and, more importantly, if I want to. (I also notice I'm getting less invites though so I guess some people aren't too agreeable with my anti-social stance these days, haha). I'm going for dinner with my colleagues tonight (seafood!) followed by a night at -where else- Shen's with my cousins.

Love life - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...*wipes tears* Ok, seriously, let me put it this way: I'm trying something new and we'll see how this pans out.

Travel - I'm going to Manila this February to visit my grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins. It's been ten years since my last trip so I think it's time I touched base with my mum's family. My grandma comes down to KK quite a bit so I still get to see her every other year. I love her to bits. She's the kind of grandma that spoils you rotten, tells you stories about your mother when she was a stubborn teenager and reminds you that you're the most beautiful thing in the world. And my cats love her. How can you not? Apart from that, I might be heading to Aussieland later this year. Still in the pipeline...

That's it folks. Oh and I finally have Streamyx. Yes, I've been in the land of dial up all this while. So sad kan. Been downloading so much nonsense since broadband came into my life. Ah, bliss.

"You may need me there
To carry all your weight
But you're no burden I assure
You tide me over
With a warmth I'll not forget
But I can only give you love."

-Rob Thomas, Ever The Same. Check out the acoustic version.

No comments: