Friday, December 02, 2005

Melissa's Must-Haves

Ah Christmas. I can smell it already. Inspired by Sellie Wellie, I too shall spare everyone the misery of wondering what the perfect gift for Mel would be this season. I bring you,
Melissa’s Marvellous Must-Haves This Christmas.

A pashmina shawl – Not those flimsy ones but a real pashmina wrap that goes all around and keeps you warm yet oh-so-trendy. I actually had a colleague wear one to the cinema and she was snug as a bug in a rug compared to the rest of us in our pathetic excuse of a cardigan.Which reminds me…


A cardigan – Sad as it may seem, I still live in these, so sue me. They’re not the most fashionable thing but they are pretty darn practical. But only in the following colours please: white, light pink, red, violet
A hooded cardigan – Bear with me here, please. I have a faded blue one that I wear to death (I think some of you might recognize it). I bought it Australia more than three years ago and it’s finally giving up on me. It’s hard to say goodbye, sob, but if anyone wants to get me a new one, here’s a rough idea:


Lipstick – Contrary to popular belief, I do not own 624 tubes of lipstick. Right now, I am living on ONE, yes only one, tube of lipstick. You know what to do.
Lipgloss – A cousin of lipstick.
CDs – Latest albums by Low Millions, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Buble, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Destiny’s Child, The Killers, Garbage.
Futsal shoes – Size five. If they come in pink, even better. Ok, maybe make it along the lines of blue or red.
Sandals/heels – Buy me shoes and you can never go wrong. Again, size five. I don’t wear stilettos and if they’re jeweled, make sure they don’t look ‘auntie’. No espadrilles neither. I think they’re pretty but kinda hard to wear.


Bags – handbags, big bags, dinner bags…You name it, I want it.
Books – ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee. And anything else you think I’d read. Note: No Stephen King please.
Spa vouchers – Nice.
And any of these under my tree on Christmas morning is fine by me (sans the giant tarantula please):




Ok, start shopping!

No comments: