Thursday, December 01, 2005

Chocolate hugs.


You know, I just realized I haven’t had a good, solid hug in a long time. Don’t you love hugs? I do. Especially when I’m feeling down. I hugged Leilana few days ago, my 2-year-old niece, but she wiggles out of my arms faster than you can say ‘Barney’. I want a real hug. A nice, cozy, lingering hug which lasts for at least five seconds. And some people smell so good. I’m not talking about roses or chocolate chip cookies but everyone has an individual scent. And some people I know have a scent that make me feel at ease when I’m near them. Sometimes, I have to resist the strange urge to inhale people when I’m standing near them (hey you’re talking to someone who sniffs baby clothes in the shopping mall ok…)

Back to the hug. I never grew up in an overly affectionate family but there were enough hugs and kisses to ensure I had a healthy childhood and would develop no aversion to displays of affection well into adulthood. With all my boyfriends, I love the whole hand-holding, big bear hugs and cuddling package. And psychologically, it makes me feel better. For a brief moment, I forget my problems and indulge in the human touch. It’s nice. I guess we can trace it back to the gratification a baby gets when a mother holds him/her close. A sense of security, albeit short-lived. But I’m quite picky when it comes to who gives me hugs. I don’t like to share my physical space with just anyone. Basically, if you’re Johnny Depp and smell good, then it’s fine by me. Heh.

I’ve got a chocolate craving. No points for guessing why. I’ve had a few bars of Snickers the last few days and last night, after dinner, I rummaged through the fridge because I SWEAR there was a box of chocolates in there somewh….

I found it. In all its glory…I found it.

Still wrapped in pristine condition was my box of truffles from London. My brother bought them for me a month ago and I almost forgot about it! Oh the sin. I wasted no time. Grabbed a glass of water, my blanket and plopped on the sofa. I had an ‘upacara perasmian’ and gleefully unwrapped the pretty box to reveal my cocoa babies. I had one piece, and then two and then…Well, let’s just say I managed to stop myself before I wiped the box clean. I went back to the kitchen and…Hid the box of truffles waaaaaay in the back of the fridge.

It’s MINE. ALL MINE. (it’s my PMS so I’ll be miserly if I want to)

It’s ten am in the office and all I can think about are my truffles. I’m getting cold sweat just thinking about it. Truffles, truffles, truffles…Ok focus. Snickers, Snickers, Snickers…

You know what would be great right now? Johnny Depp covered in chocolate giving me a hug.


"Your love is better than chocolate...Better than anything else that I've tried."
-Ice Cream, Sarah Maclachlan. When I find a man whose love is better than chocolate, you can slap my ass and call me a monkey's uncle.

No comments: