Thursday, November 17, 2005

44 days.

So it's Thursday. Enter cliche: How time flies. 44 days to go before the new year rolls around. In light of trying to be optimistic, I await the new year with bated breath with hopes of a brighter tomorrow.

Basically, I hope next year will be less shitty than this one.

Let's see, here are a few things I'm hoping for (and working on) in 2006:


1. Travel: At one point next year, I must must must travel. Even just once. And no, not to KL. I have my sights set on Melbourne, just to get a feel of the place in case I plan to head there for further studies. Other alternatives include Bali, Bangkok (yes again), Sydney, Cambodia or Manila.

2. Get my writing career further up and going, so i can eventually ditch any form of 9-5 jobs and work from my beach house overlooking the South China Sea and make gazillions of dollars.

3.Fall hopelessly in love with a foreigner who will sweep me off my feet and take me far far away....Ok, wishful thinking but I do hope to have matters of the heart settled and if not, I'll just swear off men for another 365 days.

4. Drink more milk. I read that as women reach their 30s, chances of osteoperosis is higher and even when you start to take more calcium then, your bones won't absorb it as good as they would in your 20s. Brittle bones: Not very fun.

On another note, this just in:

Guess who's watching the premier of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire tonight? I never saw the rationale of braving the crowds of excited, noisy and sometimes smelly people on the opening night of any show. However, tonight is different. It's not because I'm a die-hard Potterhead rather I've been invited to attend the grand opening KK's newest cinema, Mega Pavilion followed thereafter with the first screening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The City Mayor is the guest of honour so there'll be a bit of 'la di da' social niceties to perform before the show begins. No matter, it'll be worth the free tickets and smell of new carpet. And fresh popcorn...mmm.

Would you marry someone who shot you in the groin? I didn't think so but apparently someone did: Woman to wed man who held her hostage. To quote the bride-to-be:

“I love Christian today as deeply as I loved him before this awful thing happened to us,” Stebbins wrote in a victim impact statement. “We are soul mates.”

Riiiight. Anyway, enough about crazy people for now.

"When I'm done with thinking then I'm done with you.
When I'm done with crying then I'm done with you.
When I feel so tired then I'm done with you.
Everybody feels this way sometimes everybody feels this way
And I do."

-Lisa Loeb on my speakers, 'I Do'.

No comments: