Saturday, May 28, 2005

Long weekend...again.

And so Sabahans revel in the long weekend, thanks to the Harvest Festival, or Kaamatan as we call it. Our weekend stretches all the way to Tuesday so if KL suddenly becomes infested with Sabahans, you know why.

My weekend plans? Nice and easy, with the occassional pub hopping (and yes, it's still for work). We have five pubs/clubs to go and then i can take a nice, long break from alcohol. I think my body needs it. Went clubbing last night (yes yes for work) and even after several encounters with Jim Beam, I hardly felt buzzy. My body must've developed some immunity to alcohol by now.

Where's the fun in that????

Drinking aside, I'm gonna catch Star Wars this weekend. Probably go at some odd hour because i don't like watching movies in the cinema with 5 million other people. Oh and Madagascar is out! Talking animals are always good in my book. My family wants to go on a picnic by the beach (how cliched, heh heh) one of these days. We haven't done that since i was 15.

I played futsal again last night. That's twice this week. I got a ball kicked on the left side of my face and i fell to the floor for a brief moment. My face was burning and ego bruised, but i played on. I also got kicked -leaving me a nice shiner on my right ankle- and let's just say women should be allowed to wear breast plates when they play soccer. Ouch. But that said, I scored three for the day so that made it all worthwhile.

I'm looking forward to doing nothing this weekend. Feels like i haven't had that in a while. Hope you all have a great weekend too.

"Flower man, flower man,
When you gonna grow...
When you gonna lay down,
Everything you know."
-Flower Man by Tonic. I'm not sure if the song goes like that but in my head it does...

No comments: