Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Year of the Drat

This is getting ridiculous. I spent Christmas with a fever and the flu, which turned into a hacking cough come New Year. Last week, I suddenly had tonsilitis and today...

I woke up and sprained my neck.

Yes, you read that right. All I did was raise my head from my pillow to check the clock on the wall when I heard a loud and sickening 'crack'. I paused. I could still turn my head left. But when I tried to turn right...Holy mother of pain... Anyway, I freaked out because I couldn't turn my head down or up neither. AND I couldn't get out of bed because somehow whenever I move my left arm, the muscle in my shoulder would cramp up (I don't know the technicalities of the human body so don't ask why). So I wailed like a baby, calling for my mom. I managed to 'roll' out of bed and once I stopped freaking out, I realised it wasn't painful if I stopped moving my head so much.

Long story short, I am now on painkillers, muscle relaxants and migraine pills - somehow the muscle pull triggered migraine attacks, go figure. The migraines are gone (which is why I'm in front of the computer) but I still can't swivel my head around. On a positive note, I have fantastic posture right now as a result of sitting up straight all day because slouching hurts my neck even more.

So if you see me on the street for the next few days, please don't try to be funny and go, "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" Because I will eventually get better and hunt you down.

What is it with me these days? I'm having a string of bad luck when it comes to my health. Even when I'm lying in bed I can find a way to injure myself. In retrospective, it IS kinda funny. I just hope the Year of the Rat doesn't have anymore mishaps in store for me.

Ok pill-popping time.

No comments: