Saturday, December 11, 2004

Snail Mail.

We don’t get enough snail mail anymore these days, don’t you think? I’ve started sending out my Christmas cards, via post, and it feels nice for a change. I like e-mails, don’t get me wrong, but we don’t write letters/send cards (not e-cards) anymore. I know we’ve reached a sad point when getting a bank statement or phone bill in the mailbox gets me excited. It’s like, “Oh wow, look my name’s on the envelope and I get to rip this open!” Sigh.

But when I do get a REAL letter or card in the mail, wowee…I get ants in my pants! I must give an honourable mention to a friend of mine in the UK, Peilin. She e-mails AND sends me snail mail. She hasn’t missed a birthday or Christmas. She sends me nice happy cards ‘just because’.

She’s a dying breed.

I don’t know if everyone gets as excited as I do when it comes to getting mail but this year I’ve decided not to procrastinate and actually send out my Christmas cards. Just to let some people know I’m thinking of them.

I’m getting warm and fuzzy already…

See you all Monday. I’m going to the Weston wetlands (it’s a swampy area in the west coast of Sabah) for the weekend. To the jungle we go!

“Sleigh bells ring, are you listening…?”

-Winter Wonderland. If only.

No comments: